A revised edition for 2018, of “AS A MAN THINKETH… In His Heart,” takes the 2008 self-published edition and the present realities of a fast-paced digital steroid world, and re-introduces the characters of the personal growth category novel.
The time tested morals are based upon the slower heart approach to thinking — which a 19th century literary ghost and host of the cottage on the hill in Ilfracombe, England prescribes to his present day author guest. Told by Pratt in an Og Mandino first person style, (where the main protagonist is also the actual author taking the reader into the story’s world) action is interspersed with unexpected revelations and discoveries.
The truths are delivered by an ethereal writer who actually lived in Ilfracombe and became famous for a bestseller still selling well today — As a Man Thinketh, James Allen, 1904. The following “be attitudes” are new to those too busy to give time to ponder them. Delivered in an entertaining style with other truths wrapped in a paradigm termed “power-thinking,” they arrive in a day and time where they seem to be in short supply.
A bestselling thinker from the turn of the 20th century, James Allen was a philosopher who still blesses readers today, and whom author Pratt discovered in his 19th year. Now Pratt delivers “the rest of the story” in hopes that a path to personal peace and a more joy-filled living may be adopted in our time of hyper-distractions, addiction to mental stimulation, and a speed driven culture in constant need of a quick fix of “more…” Whatever that may be.
BE ATTITUDES from As a Man Thinketh…In His Heart (2018 edition)
- Be kind to others. It is your unique gift to the world
- Be valuable and success will follow
- Be modest in conduct; others will notice
- Be a servant to everyone on your path
- Be joyful-the antidote to great or constant pain
- Be honest-honor will become a crown for life
- Be frugal and a path of wealth arrives
- Be thoughtful; it returns in kind
- Be forgiving and you will find peace
- Be a creator and you partner with God
- Be someone’s hero, and you will stand on higher ground
- Be for love above all; you then love will be for you
“Mind is the master power that molds and makes, and man is mind and forever more he take the tool of thought; and shaping what he will, brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills. He thinks in secret and it comes to pass. environment is but his looking glass.” James Allen, 1904